Van – Europe – Svenja Baumann
I’m planning a trip to Australia in 2024 (probably in the time May-August) for two months. For that I would love to swap my van located in Berlin with a van anywhere in Australia.
I’ve been living or just traveling in this van and other vans on and off for the last 6 years mostly in Germany, France, Portugal and Spain. Therefore I’d consider myself a quite experienced driver (at least on the right side!) and caretaker of vans 🙂
For the time I’ll be in Australia, my van will be sitting unused near Berlin at my parents house and can be picked up and used all over Europe.
As a Free User, you can start up to 3 news conversations per day, please consider Upgrading to a Collaborator Plan to help us keeping this website working, and enjoy unlimited new conversations per day. Otherwise you are very welcome to come back tomorrow! (You can still freely chat on your already started conversations and receive unlimited messages) Upgrade Now
Opel Vivaro from 2005. Will go through the technical inspection again in May 2024 and has been a reliable vehicle for me in the last 3 years.
Very rustic but charming self-built interior. Not so much a house on wheels but more a life outside and a little comfort on the road - kinda van.
- 6kg gas bottle that usually lasts for 3 months (I cook a lot!) with camping stove (inside but can also be taken outside)
- Running water with 35L water storage (not much but there are plenty of places to fill up in Europe)
- Attachable shower head for outside showers
- Solar panel 100W with converter to charge laptops etc. (many months I worked remotely from the van).
- Single bed that can be expanded to fit two people
- Storage under bed and in kitchen area
- Roof rack to attach surfboards e.g.
- 3 front seats (double seat in front is usually used by my dog or when I pick up hitch-hikers)
Preferably no smoking in the van.