This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Hi - we're Andy & Imogen. Married, in our 30s living in Yorkshire with our Border Terrier Albie.
We've been campervanning for four years now and we've taken our van "Thunderwulf" to Scotland, Wales all around England, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. He is a solid, well maintained camper.
We're looking for a trip to New Zealand in early 2024 to visit friends and explore. Andy used to live in Christchurch so would be good to go back.
We're also considering a trip to Canada.
We're looking to van swap with folk with a similar(ish) van/ motorhome for a period of 3 weeks. Although based in Yorkshire, we're open to meeting you at most England airports.
As for us, we're pretty normal. Full time professional jobs working in environment and climate change fields. We love nature and being in remote places where we can get away from the real world.
We offset all of Thunderwulf's carbon through contributions to the Woodland Trust.
Thunderwulf is a lovely and dependable VW Transporter T6.
We've had Thunderwulf since 2019. He started off life as a plumber's van and we set to work converting him into an excellent camper.
He has high quality EvoDesign fittings, gas, fridge, two gas burner, running water, a sink, camping chairs, pull out awning, 12 volt and 240 volt hookup and a load of other bits.
He has covered about 53,000 miles and was registered in March 2017 (6 years old). Full service history. Oil change and filters done at half service intervals (every 9,000 miles). Strong pulling power. No accident damage. Body work good.
Full breakdown below.
- 2017 VW Transporter T6 Highline
- 2.0 litre turbo diesel (Euro 6 compliant with Ad-Blu)
- 150bhp, front wheel drive
- 6 speed manual transmission
- uprated suspension (Koni shock absorbers all round and lowered springs)
- air con
- heated quick clear windscreen
- cruise control
- drivers and passenger airbags
- bluetooth (phone and audio)
- touchscreen multimedia unit
- 4 berth
- 5 belted seats
- poptop/ elevating roof
- Ribair Altair bed (fully crash tested) with seat belts and adjustable head restraints
- double front swivel seat with locker storage
- bamboo wooden worktops and table
- EvoDesign wooden units and drawers
- upper roof bed
- 240 volt electrical hook-up
- 12 volt system (powers fridge, lights and water pump) powered by 110 Ah leisure battery
- USB charging sockets
- alternator charges the leisure battery
- leisure battery can also be charged off the 240 volt hook-up
- trickle charge solar panel
- cold running water
- 2 ring gas burner and campingaz 970 canister
- internal fresh water and waste water tank
- 2 comfortable 'moon chairs'
- fiamma wind out awning
- alloy wheels
- winter tyres available if requested
- bedding for lower bed (sleeping bags required for upper bed)
- portable 600 watt heater (powered from 240 volt hook-up when plugged inn)
- thermal window blackout blinds
No smoking in the vehicle
No off-road driving
UK-only (trips to Europe not covered)
Only one small, well-behaved dog allowed (no other pets allowed)
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|